This post is a bit different from my other posts! This time I´m not writing about one of my travel adventures somewhere on the globe BUT…
this time I have been nominated for the “Liebster Award” by Meghan King from Travelingking. Thank you very much for the nomination, Meghan!
The “Liebster Award” was created in order to help new bloggers to connect with each other, and spread awareness about bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
And here are the questions that I have been asked to answer:
- Where are you from?
I´m from a village in South-West Germany. But now I live in Berlin
- What was it that first motivated you to travel?
It started already when I was still a child. I was always curious about the world and how it looks like outside of Germany. I was reading books about other countries, cultures and traditions and I always wanted to discover far and foreign places by myself. First I was traveling within Europe and my first big backpacking journey outside of Europe to Thailand took place in 2010. From that moment onwards, I was truly infected by the travel virus!
- What is your best travel memory?
Wow, there are so many wonderful travel memories, that I cannot pick just one. Some of the best ones was definitely to travel with my boyfriend to Machu Picchu in Peru, to see the Angkor Wat with two very good friends of mine, sitting on lonely paradise beaches in Thailand, watching a Sunrise from a holy mountain in India while drinking Chai, that we got from a hindu monk, visiting the family of my boyfriend in Colombia, swimming in a cold Cenote in Mexico,…
- What festival would you like to visit the most?
I would like to attend the Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in Mexico.
- What has been your scariest travel experience?
A bus accident in Sri Lanka.
- Where is your favorite travel destination?
I love Latin America, especially South America and here especially Colombia
- What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten abroad?
A soup with a Chicken Leg in it, in Perú.
- Do you prefer traveling solo or with company?
I prefer to travel with my boyfriend or with good friends. I also enjoy solo travel, but if I have got a choice, I prefer traveling with company.
- If you could only travel in one country, which would it be and why?
Colombia – the home country of my boyfriend and moreover a fantastic country with marvellous landscapes, lovely people, great food and music and overwhelming cultures and traditions.
- How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since one year already.
- What inspires you?
People who live differently, who think about societies, alternative life forms and our environment and with whom I can discuss and philosophise about all this. Also new foreign places inspire me very often!
And here are my 11 nominees:
1. Elizabeth from The Hatchbackers
2. Lauren from Last words for the road
3. Peta from Green global trek
4. Marius from Rock Iceland
5. Edit from Edit around the world
6. Cydney from Woman with wanderlust
7. Caitlin from Caity in Wanderland
8. Vanessa from Girls drink stout
9. Carmel from Jandcgoworldly
10. Tiff from Tiff Ng
11. Tanya from Wandering Ruminations
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions that I’ve provided below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog who nominated you (aka myself, Sarah of Saritas Travel Moments, with a thank you and shout out).
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees. Select, list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide these instructions. Finally, create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
- Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Questions for nominees (and visitors!)
1. Why do you like traveling and moreover, write about it?
2. Why did you choose your blog name?
3. What form of traveling do you like most?
4. Since when are you blogging and are you writing for other travel magazines, blogs, etc?
5. What do you think about green and responsible traveling?
6. In which country could you imagine to live in?
7. Name 3 things that you won´t want to miss while traveling.
8. How do you promote your blog?
9. Do you use a travel guide for your travels and if yes, which one? Do you consider it as helpful?
10. What motivates you to write your blog?
11. What was your best travel experience?